About the Firm
Aggressive Georgia Firm Defends Residents Facing Criminal Charges
Experienced Jonesboro defense attorney provides effective representation
If you are faced with criminal charges, divorce or bankruptcy in northern Georgia, you need an attorney who will vigorously defend your rights. At James W. Studdard and Associates, in Jonesboro, I understand that legal matters can be overwhelming, and I will provide skilled and experienced representation to give you the best chance of obtaining a positive resolution.
Knowledgeable counselor has your best interests in mind
Throughout northern Georgia, my firm is highly recommended because of my:
- Experience — Since my firm’s founding, in 1971, I have developed a solid reputation in the community based on my track record of success and reviews from my clients.
- Concern — I seek to create lasting relationships with my clients and strive to ease their minds throughout the legal process.
- Attentiveness — Because your legal matter is important to you, it is important to me. I will always give you the personalized attention that you deserve.
If you are dealing with a criminal law, bankruptcy or family law matter, you need an attorney you can depend on. The longevity of my firm has given me insight into the legal system, judges and prosecutors in our area that often proves valuable.
Areas of Practice
Georgia lawyer represents clients in bankruptcy, criminal law and family law matters
My firm provides effective counsel in each of these areas:
- Criminal defense — The penalties for violent crimes such as homicide, sex crimes, vehicular homicide, and assault and battery are serious. In your criminal defense case, I will challenge the prosecution’s evidence and argue for a reduced sentence, dismissal or acquittal on your behalf. I also defend clients accused of a range of drug crimes, whose penalties vary based on the type and amount of substance.
- DUI/DWI — In Georgia, you will automatically lose your license for at least one year if you are convicted of a DUI. If you are facing a DUI conviction, I will question police procedures and test results in your defense.
- Uncontested divorce — If you and your spouse have decided to end your marriage through an uncontested divorce, an experienced attorney can assist you with all documents and procedures.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — You can wipe out most of your unsecured debt by filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. While bankruptcy follows federal law, states can determine their own exemptions. In Georgia, debtors can exempt up to $21,500 for their residences under the homestead exemption.
If you are facing any of these legal matters, we can discuss your options and determine an appropriate course of action.
Contact an established Jonesboro attorney for a free consultation
For experienced help with a defense, family law or bankruptcy case, call James W. Studdard and Associates, in Jonesboro, Georgia, at 678-554-3144 or contact me online
to schedule a free initial consultation.